This is a tasty recipe made from raw turmeric root and is very healthy. Turmeric is said to cure the whole person and is useful for digestive complaints, liver and blood disorders, fevers, sore throat, respiratory congestion, and overall anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial.
Turmeric Pickle is used as a condiment alongside many grain, legume or vegetable dishes.
• Taste is pungent, bitter, astringent
• Qualities are heating, drying, absorbent
• Good for all doshas (smaller amounts for pitta)
• Digestion – improves digestion, relieves gas and bloating
• Immunity – anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial
• Respiratory – dries the mucous from sinuses and throat
Ayurvedic skincare The skin or the integumentary system is the largest organ of the body and involves the skin, hair, and nails. Ayurveda refers to skin disorders as Kustha, and literally means that which alters the complexion of the body.